Statement of Intent
Current online patient services
- GP System Supplier – TPP
It is a contractual requirement for GP practices to offer and promote to patients:
- Referral Management
- Electronic/Online booking of appointments
- Electronic/Online ordering of repeat prescriptions
- Summary Care Record
- GP2GP transfers
- Patient access to summary information (as a minimum) to their patient record
If you need any guidance, advice or support (including contact details), please visit NHS England’s Patient Online Programme’s web pages for more information
1. Referral Management
All practices must include the NHS Number as the primary identifier in all NHS clinical correspondence issued by the practice.
- We include all NHS numbers in all our clinical correspondence
2. Electronic/Online booking of appointments
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for all patients, who wish to book, view, amend, cancel and print appointments online.
- We currently offer the facility for booking, cancelling, amend, view and print appointments online.
3. Electronic/Ordering of repeat prescriptions
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for all patients, who wish to order online, view and print a list of their repeat prescriptions for necessary drugs, medicines or appliances.
- We currently offer the facility for ordering repeat prescriptions online.
4. Summary Care Record
Practices are required to enable successful automated uploads of any changes to a patient’s summary information, at least on a daily basis to the Summary Care Record.
Having your Summary Care Record available will help anyone treating you without your full medical record. They will have access to information about any medication you may be taking and any drugs that you have a recorded allergy or sensitivity to.
- Sarum Health Group is live with SCR. Patient summary care records are uploaded on a daily basis to the spine, excluding those patients who have chosen to opt out, and have read and understand the implications of completing the opt out form.
5. GP2GP record transfers
There is a contractual requirement to utilise the GP2GP facility for the transfer of patient records between practices, when a patient registers or deregisters.
It is very important that you are registered with a doctor at all times. If you leave your GP and register with a new GP, your medical records will be removed from your previous doctor and forwarded on to your new GP via NHS England. It can take several weeks for your paper records to reach your new surgery. With GP to GP record transfers, your electronic record is transferred to your new practice much sooner.
- Sarum Health Group confirms that GP2GP transfers are already active and we send and receive patient records via this system.
6. Patient Access to records
Practices are required to promote and offer the facility for patients to view online, export or print any summary of information from their records relating to medications, allergies, adverse reactions and any other items/data such as “additional” record elements which has been agreed between the contractor and the patient.
- Sarum Health Group confirms that Patient Access was enabled in 2015. Patients who have registered for online services, can view/print their current problems, current repeat medication, immunisations and any allergy/adverse reactions.
By using this site, you agree that we may store and access cookies on your device. Find out about our cookies.
Functional Cookies are enabled by default at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings and ensure site works and delivers best experience.
3rd Party Cookies
This website uses Google Analytics to collect anonymous information such as the number of visitors to the site, and the most popular pages.
Keeping this cookie enabled helps us to improve our website.